Code of Ethics
The members of the Australasian Cemeteries & Crematoria Association Ltd shall:
- Provide burial and/or cremation services in an exemplary and dignified manner.
- Acknowledge and respect the importance to the bereaved and the community of:
- burial and cremation services
- cemeteries and crematoria and memorial gardens
- monuments and memorials.
- Be conscious of the diverse religious, ethnic and cultural background of the community, and considerate of requests to cater for special needs.
- Reflect the value of the services provided by their respective cemetery / crematorium / memorial gardens in the fees which are charged, and not encourage any person to commit themselves beyond their financial resources.
- Encourage the continued development and exchange of knowledge, skill and expertise by members of the Association.
- Conduct their respective cemetery / crematorium / memorial gardens in accordance with the Guidelines of this Association to bring credit to the profession.
- Not engage in any conduct or action which may damage the image of the profession or unjustifiably detract from the good name of the Australasian Cemeteries & Crematoria Association or a fellow member.
Code of Conduct
Please click here to download a copy of the ACCA Board and Staff Code of Conduct.